Corporate responsibility: Does doing good matter?
The 4th industrial revolution is here and as a result, the world continues to flatten. Data is everywhere and finding trusted answers is becoming increasingly difficult in the complex web of channels and research available, and we know that transparency is integral to building long-lasting partnerships with stakeholders.
Customers, employees, investors, analysts, the press, regulators and the public at large all expect that corporations will behave as responsible corporate citizens.
With ‘doing good’ no longer just a nice to have, transparency around corporate responsibility, inclusion and sustainability is essential. So how do measure ‘doing good’?
Thomson Reuters Corporate Responsibility & Inclusion Reporting
Annual Reports are more than just a regulatory requirement. They help people understand the integral metrics, activities and philanthropic support that companies engage in around the world.
Here are several corporate responsibility metrics we were specifically proud of this year:
- Since 2010 our recorded volunteering hours have increased from 16,662 to 118,549 that’s a 611% increase in 6 years!
- In 2015 we donated over $1.9m through our matching gifts program to charities across the globe that our employees are passionate about.
- For the first year, we are publishing a gender breakdown of our roles demonstrating the progress we have made in this area:
- Hiring of women at Director/Vice President level has increased by 15% since 2013 (from 25% to 40%)
- Female representation at Director/Vice President level has increased 3% since 2012 (from 28% to 31%)
- Female representation in Senior Executive roles has increased 4% since 2012 (from 25% to 29%)
- Continued progress in cutting our carbon emissions with a 7.2% reduction in 3 years, ahead of our target of 5% in 5 years. Significant progress was made in our global data centers where 10,000 servers have been replaced with more efficient models.
- We have continued to use our knowledge, data and insights to produce thought leadership content and special reports which focus on global sustainability trends:
Get the full picture by downloading the 2015 Thomson Reuters Corporate Responsibility & Inclusion Report [PDF].
At Thomson Reuters, we all have a shared responsibility to do business in ways that respect and protect the environment. Visit thomsonreuters.com to see our values in action.
Explore the 2015 Thomson Reuters Annual Report to learn more about our unique information ecosystem.