The Women @ Thomson Reuters Business Resource Group (BRG) strives to develop the talents and champion the contributions of female employees, thus promoting women as equal partners in the success, achievement, and profitability of Thomson Reuters.
Each year on March 8, International Women’s Day, our Women @ Thomson Reuters network celebrates the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women across the globe. Additionally, this day serves as a call to action for gender parity. In 2016, we ran a campaign called “We4She,” which had the goal of promoting awareness among both women and men to help accelerate women’s advancement. With such huge success we decided to run another campaign this year called, “#TRChangeMakers” and “STEM It Up – Do The Right Thing.”
With over 40 local chapters across the globe, supported by men and women across our organization, more than 50 events will take place throughout the year including:
- Breakfast meetups in Geneva, Switzerland where employees are invited to listen to life interviews and watch videos of other members and colleagues.
- Panel speakers in London, United Kingdom discussing the successes achieved in 2016 in closing the gender gap and how individuals can help to actively drive progress forward in 2017.
- Speed networking opportunities in Boston, Massachusetts, USA where employees are encouraged to get to know each other over snacks and beverages.
- Featured authors/speakers in Paris, France who will discuss neurobiology and women’s rights.
- Career coaching sessions in Vienna, Austria where employees can receive tips and tricks on CV/resume writing and interview techniques.
These events are organized by dedicated members of our local chapters and are created to help our employees, both men and women, learn about the importance of gender equality; inspire women to lead; and celebrate the contributions of our female employees.
Interested in working at Thomson Reuters? We encourage you to bring your individual expertise, perspectives, passions and find your opportunity—and your impact. Learn more about what it’s like #workingatTR.
About Thomson Reuters Business Resource Groups (BRGs)
As an organization that values diversity, Thomson Reuters has established a formal process for employees to develop Business Resource Groups (BRGs). BRGs are voluntary, employee-driven associations that benefit both our employees and the company’s business goals. Today, we have 8 BRG’s with over 90 chapters globally.