17 Jul 2018
Eikon App Studio has dozens of great apps to try, including these three covering North American oil and gas, market data analytics or portfolio management support.
- Eikon App Studio combines Eikon’s existing strengths with innovative solutions from leading third-party app developers.
- Apps to try for free include the PointLogic Oil and Gas app, with its monthly volume estimates from 113 North American producing areas.
- There’s also the Forecaster app, which identifies market patterns in price data, and the FMO tool for online portfolio management support.
The App Studio in Eikon offers our global community the chance to access apps built by the brightest in financial technology, as well as the chance for customers and financial data/tech vendors to create their own solutions within Eikon.
Our open platform approach means that we combine Eikon’s existing strengths with innovative solutions from premier third-party app developers.
This means that Eikon users are offered more choice of tools and capabilities to meet their business needs.
This month, we have selected three exciting apps, out of dozens on the Eikon App Studio platform, to demonstrate the breadth of this added choice and functionality.
This month, we profile the PointLogic Oil & Gas, Forecaster and FMO apps.
PointLogic Oil & Gas: North American volume estimates from IHS Markit
Developed and supported by IHS Markit, the PointLogic Oil and Gas Production app is the most comprehensive source of up-to-date, daily natural gas and monthly oil volume estimates from 113 North American producing areas.
Derived from PointLogic’s flow data and IHS Markit’s well data, the app offers:
- The most granular and accurate daily gas production estimates available anywhere.
- Deep and granular production volume history by basin, play, state and county, shale and non-shale.
Forecaster: A market analysis tool to identify patterns in price data
Developed and supported by MetaStock, the Forecaster app identifies patterns in price data and uses statistical analysis to determine the likelihood that they will occur in the future.
Identify a price pattern and view whether that price pattern produces consistent price action.
- Create your own price patterns by selecting bars from the chart or drawing your own pattern with the mouse.
- Visualize the statistical strength of the pattern on the price chart.
- Project price moves by probability.
FMO: Get support for every step of portfolio management
Developed and supported by FMO Pty Ltd, the FMO app is an online portfolio management system used by funds and family offices to report on their global investments and manage their day-to-day operations.
FMO provides clients with improved decision making from customizable, detailed reporting and reduced operational errors and processing times via STP support.
- Pre-trade decision support via portfolio modeling/OMS and compliance manager improves auditability of trading actions and reduces errors and compliance breaches.
- Post-trade processing via trade settlements, reconciliations, fund accounting and performance to reduce trade processing errors and processing time.
Request a free trial
We will continue to onboard new partners as we look for ways to meet the unique workflow needs of our users, and also continue our work with Eikon users looking to create their own unique apps within Eikon.
Already an Eikon user? Explore App Studio and trial apps by visiting the App Studio section of the Eikon App Library. Not an Eikon user? Request a free trial.