19 Mar 2018
The thirst for data in the investment process is never ending, which is why we have launched Destination Quant to help the quant investing industry get the most out of quant research.
- Destination Quant is our new website for investment professionals.
- The new website has academic research, information on new data sets and catalog of all content sets provided by us.
- The launch comes as the traditional approach to analyzing securities is replaced by a more data intensive process.
One of the most prominent structural trends impacting the asset management industry involves the changing nature of the investment process.
Now the traditional approach to analyzing securities is much more data intensive.
The degree of this varies from hedge funds and sophisticated asset managers through to specialized boutique asset managers.
But across the industry we’re seeing our customers incorporating more data and more automation into their investment process.
In fact, systematic investing is now in common use to describe a shift by fundamental investors to adopting more quantitative-based methods in their processes.
Destination Quant benefits
As the industry moves in this direction, the thirst for data to power the investment process further intensifies.
In response to this demand, we have launched “Destination Quant”, a new website to help analysts explore academic research, industry insights and the data sets available for quant research.
On this site you will find:
- Information on new data sets optimized for quant research
- New research from academics and other experts
- A catalog of all data feeds provided by us for quantitative research
- Upcoming events and interviews
Our goal is to help you unearth interesting research or articles, stay aware of our new content initiatives and highlight some of the trends emerging in newer areas around unstructured data or alternative data more broadly.
We have supported the quantitative research community for many years (QAI was acquired in 2006, StarMine was acquired in 2008).
In fact, our content sets power the investment processes at many of the world’s most sophisticated hedge funds and asset management firms.